Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How to resume broken download with .part file in Firefox

Here is how to resume broken download with .part file in Firefox:
  1. You must already have two files from the broken download. One is the filename and the other with extra .part extension. Move both of these files to other directory (please do not copy).
  2. Start download again from the beginning, but you have to make sure that it must have exactly the same name.
  3. Let it download for a few bytes just to have those files created again. Now pause this download.
  4. Go to the folder where you backed up those old files. Copy both of these files to your download folder and replace the new created files when asked.
  5. Now go to Firefox's Downloads and resume the download.
This solution come from this forum. Thanks to orion188.

Enjoy :)

7 comments:

  1. THANK YOU YOU SAVED MY 10 GB DOWNLOAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is crap even my .part file only reached 57mb while my zip file has 1.4gb it is almost the same as I started download it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does not work check this link

    http://178.32.219.54/cgi-bin/dl.cgi/4zhp677ghbyqgodqbddocbl6qycuczz2fdknq52eze/Oreilly.Designing.Interfaces.2nd.Edition.Dec.2010.rar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you................................................
    It worked you saved my downloads

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you.. you saved my 979 mb's from 1.2 gb ( cause my internet speed is just 2mbps :P )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. etcher

    ReplyDelete